Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tim Tebow Time Starts Today For Denver Broncos

Two weeks of buildup in the Mile High City, and today it all comes to a head when Tim Tebow assumes the starting quarterback job in his first starting action since Week 16 of 2010.

Broncos fans are somewhat excited, although there are still many that don't currently support him (they don't support Kyle Orton, either, they just want the year to be over so that they can draft a new QB).  As I watch the game today in a sports bar in the Denver suburbs, I am fairly confident I will hear pro- and anti-Tebow comments constantly.


I'm not thinking Tebow is going to be the starter next year, but I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong.  I don't know what it is about the guy that makes everybody watch him, whether they love him or hate him.  He just makes things happen.

However, for a guy who definitely plays better in games than in practice, getting a chance to start is the ONLY way he can get properly evaluated.  In the end, whether the Broncos win or not will decide whether Tebow will still be in Denver next year.

Honestly, and again I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but I don't see Tebow as a regular starting quarterback in the league after this year.  My advice would be to watch him all you can now because it may be your only shot.

No comments: