Thursday, October 13, 2011

Terrelle Pryor Feels Sad For His Former Ohio State Buckeye Teammates

If I were an Ohio State Buckeye, I don't think I would want this guy talking about my program ever again.

Terrelle Pryor, former (and still currently disgraced) Ohio State Buckeye quarterback, gave an interview to a Pittsburgh radio station today (97.3 The Fan) where he said this of his former teammates:
I know I should be on the field helping them guys for the mistakes that I have made, but I am not perfect," Pryor said. "Right now it saddens me. I get sad sometimes watching the guys because I know I can be on the field helping them guys, but I can't think about that right now. I am on the next page and trying to take care of business. I hope all the success for them guys and I pray for them and hope they turn some things around."


I'm sure everyone recalls that Pryor is the biggest reason his teammates are in the predicament that they are.  Let's also recall that Pryor never fully admitted fault and apologized to his school or his team when his multiple NCAA violations hit the fan.  He waited until former coach Jim Tressel, to whom he had promised to stay and play his final season at OSU, "resigned" amid the scandal.

Pryor did say something very unusual at the time when he announced he was leaving OSU for the NFL.  He said he was making the decision "for his teammates" so that they wouldn't have to deal with the fallout from his actions.  Yet this season his former teammates are doing exactly that and suffering mightily (currently 3-3 and looking terrible).

Pryor bolted for the NFL and was granted entrance via the supplemental draft.  His attempt to circumvent the NCAA's punishment of him, however, was thwarted when the NFL placed an unprecedented five-game suspension on him to start the 2011 season.

Pryor's suspension is up and he's now ready and willing to help his Oakland Raiders team in any way possible.

What he can't do is in any way help the guys at Ohio State who helped make him a star.  Not until 2016 when his five-year ban from contact with the Ohio State program is over.

Pryor, you've helped quite enough for now, thanks.

No comments: