Friday, December 30, 2011

Tonight's UFC Heavyweight Fight: Lesnar vs Overeem

I don't watch a lot of UFC action. It's not because I don't like it. It's typically because I only have a few friends that enjoy it and none that I hang out with on a regular basis.  My favorite sports bar won't show it (expensive), and it's the kind of sport that I think is better when you are watching it with people you know and like.

Tonight I'm actually going to watch the fights with friends, and I'm eagerly anticipating the heavyweight match between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem.  I am no fan of Lesnar, let's be clear on that. I thought that he got a very lucky break in his title fight with Shane Carwin a few years ago when he should have been called out on a TKO after Carwin pummelled his head a couple hundred times in one round.



I'm also not a fan of Lesnar's attitude and personality.  Ever since he attempted to use his ole WWE tactics in the ring in calling out sponsors and fellow fighters, I've greatly disliked the guy. In a sport where so many of the men seem to be respectful of their opponents and the fans, Lesnar doesn't fit.

Because I've stayed away from UFC in the past year or two for the most part, I don't know much about Overeem.  Obviously, I'll know a lot more after tonight.  I hope he beats the crap out of Lesnar.

No comments: