Friday, June 17, 2011

This Three Initial Sport That May/May Not Be Played This Year

Okay, I'm going to state for the record that I am a HUGE NFL fan (specifically Bears, but I live 5 minutes from the Broncos Training Facility so I also follow them pretty close).  However, I feel very reluctant  to discuss NFL matters until this lockout/labor dispute is settled.

I'm not getting into the mucky details on what this dispute is all about.  However, I do NOT, in ANY way, side with the owners here.

My only NFL topic I'll discuss until the lockout ends will be the Terrell Pryor situation and a potential NFL Supplemental Draft.  The one comment I want to make is shaking my head at his selection of agent.  This is a kid who needs to get signed to the right team, sign his contract quickly, and blend in with his teammates while he learns the system and how to be an NFL player.  Drew Rosenhaus does not seem to be the type of agent to expedite these things.  In fact, I fear a Maurice Clarett-type situation where Pryor will feel he is worth more than he will be offered, and Rosenhaus will feed into that.  This has disaster written all over it.

No comments: